Japan Rugby Top League 2020 Notice of Cancellation
Given the current status of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and expanding infections, the Japan Rugby Top League (JRTL) has decided to cancel all matches of Round 11 and after in the 2020 season as well as this year’s tournament itself.
JRTL has reached to the decision from the following three viewpoints;
1. To secure the health and safety of spectators, players and staffs.
2. Following the rapid global spread of the virus, the governments of many various countries including New Zealand and Australia have advised their citizens in overseas to return to their home countries immediately, which mean that many of foreign players in the Top League will return to their homes.
3. All the top league clubs are participating and operating in the league as company sport clubs and it would cause a significant adverse impact on the companies, if any players and/or team staffs are infected.
Since the Japan Rugby Top League 2020 has been cancelled in the middle of its season and will not be completed, there will be no final standing. Thus, the four participating teams to the 57th Japan Rugby Championship, which currently is scheduled to be held from Saturday May 23rd, will be determined in an alternative way. Further information will be announced as soon as it is confirmed.
JRTL extends it sincere apologies to all those who have been looking forward to the resumption of the league for the inconvenience caused by this decision and notice. All purchased ticketholders will be refunded.
Round 9, Round 7 (already postponed) and Round 10 have been already suspended for thoroughgoing commitment to compliance. Further details on the workshops and other compliance activities during the suspension period will be separately released at around early April.
Japan Rugby Top League Chairman, Osamu Ota, said;
It was a tough decision to make but, given the global infection risk of the coronavirus, we have decided to cancel all matches of Japan Rugby Top League 2020 as all fans and players are our highest priority and the safety and security of the clubs and related parties must be secured. While we are very sorry for all fans, players and officials who have been looking forward to the resumption of the league, we appreciate your kind understanding. We sincerely hope that the current coronavirus spread situation gets under control soon and will look for an appropriate way of the new tournament toward the Japanese Rugby Championship in May with considering the social circumstances. We very much appreciate for your continued support to the Japan Rugby Top League.
■ Ticket Refunds
Tickets will be refund for all cancelled matches.
*Including the Hino Red Dolphins’ matches after Round 11, which were already announced.
■ Refunds Period
From March 28th, 2020 at 10:00am until May 27th, 2020 at 23:59pm
■ Refund Methods
Refund method depends on how you bought your ticket as followed;
* Including JRFU Members Club members http://ticket-rugby.jp/guide/refund.jsp
Ticket Pia http://t.pia.jp/guide/refund.jsp
* Including JRFU Members Club members https://l-tike.com/oc/lt/haraimodoshi/
Official site barcode ticket https://www.e-tix.jp/topleague/refund202002.html
Canterbury Shop in Aoyama Refund at the shop (11:00-19:00, everyday including Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays until Friday, March 27th)
*Closed on the second Tuesday
Others Refund over the sales window where you purchased
■ Top League Passport
Refunds will be made in accordance with the information to be provided to the passport holders.
■ Prince Chichibu Memorial Rugby Stadium Season Seat
Refunds will be made in accordance with the information to be provided to the passport holders
– We do not accept any refund claim after the above refund period. Please make sure to claim a refund as soon as possible.
– There will be no compensation for travel and accommodation expenses etc. other than the tickets.
– Tickets purchased through unknown unofficial resources such as auction or resellers and or may not be refunded.
– Tickets with its stubs already separated are invalid and will not be refunded.